What is wrong with the total installer? Nothing that can’t be fixed with a little quick editing and entering a new URL. The Total Installer, which used to be housed at the website totalxbmc.tv now has a new home called noobsandnerds. At the moment users attempting to access the original site totalxbmc.tv will be redirected to noobsandnerds where they will find a collorful new site that is essentially linked to a new forum, the Community thenoobsandnerds forum. Gone is the black and green dominated site that became a familiar landing spot for Kodi enthusiast looking to add an app store for Kodi or XBMC,
Why the new Address?
The owner of totalxbmc.tv sold the website and its properties to a Chinese company which has moved the information to Chinese servers and rebranded it.
Is there still a Total Installer?
No. There is still a functional way to add addons but it has been rebranded as The Community Portal.
How Do You Add The Community Portal
- To add the Community Portal go to systems -> File Manager -> Add source and type in the URL http://noobsandnerds.com/portal
- Name the source Community Portal
- Back out of the file manager and select settings
- Scroll to Add-ons
- Install from zip file
- Select The File
- Select Community_Portal_Repo.zip press ok/enter
- select noobsandnerds_repo.zip and press ok
- Back out of settings and scroll to Programs
- Select Program add-ons
- Select Get more
- Select Community portal and press ok
I was a member of the Total XBMC Site Do I have to register again?
No. Your original login will allow you to access the features. Just be sure to differentiate between Your registration email and your actual user name.