How do you Install Kodi on an Apple TV 4? It can be done without any any jailbreaking or funky hacking. In order to install Kodi on the new Apple TV you must download a number of free applications and follow the instructions step by step. In the end you will install Kodi on the new Apple TV without any need to hack you Apple TV or download a new operating system to the device.
Continue to learn How To Install Kodi On Apple TV!
What do you need?
It’s gonna take some time to put this together. Some of the downloads may not be super speedy especially Xcode. Just be patient and let the computers do their work. The process took us about two hours from start to finish.
Download the latest tvOS update by going to settings. Select systems and software update. Let the Apple TV do its work download and reset.
First Step Signing up for a limited Creator Account or Creating Apple ID
- Start at this page Here and either enter your current Apple ID and Password to sign in or Click Create Apple ID.
- Check the box agreeing to terms
- Download and Launch xCode 7 Download Here
- Click the Xcode in the upper left hand corner and select “preferences”
- Select the option for accounts
- In the lower left hand corner select the plus sign
- Select Add Apple ID
- Enter the ID that you used to sign into the developer page
- Enter the Apple ID password in the Password Field
Connecting The Mac to the Apple TV
Plug the USB C Cable into your Mac
Plug the USB C cable into your Apple TV
In Xcode 7
- Click “Create a new Xcode Project” (Should be the second option from the top).
- The next menu will be labeled “Select Choose a template for your new project” The options are IOS, Watch IOS, tvOS, OS X and Other. Choose tvOS.
- Under tvOS Select Applications
- Select Single View Application
- Click Next
- The first section or field on the next screen is the Product Name Field. Call it something you will recognize like (thestreamingadvisorappletv).
- In The Section labeled Organization Identifier type com.thestreamingadvisorappletv
- Select language Swift
- Make sure the box marked include Unit Tests is checked
- Make sure the box marked include Include UI Tests is checked
- On the Next Screen Click Create
- In the upper right hand corner of the screen check to make sure your Apple TV is selected
- Select the Team box and select your Apple Name (If you get a message about matching profiles click “Fix Issue”
Open IOS App Signer
- Select Browse
- Select the Kodi Nightly File from the Desktop
- Provisioning FIle Can be left as Re-Sign Only or if you have multiple files choose your specially named file in this case select Provisioning Profile and choose the file named thestreamingadvisorAppleTV
- Click Start
- Click Save
- The Program will save the Kodi IPA File it looks like a m,usic note
- Open Xcode
- Click Window which should be the 10th option on the top of the screen
- Select Devices
- On the Left menu Select Apple TV
- On the right side will be a menu that says Device Information Click the Plus Sign Installed Apps
- Click on the Kodi IPA File
- Click Open