Channel PEAR is an IPTV portal that is available as a private channel on Roku, as an official app in the Amazon Fire TV Store and as an addon for Kodi and Plex which means you can access it on almost anything else. Channel PEAR has been around for a few years now and has changed its website and requirements over that period. So after numerous questions and a friendly phone call from a reader in Texas I decided it was time to update info about how to get set up using this option.
In order to get channel PEAR set up you will need a computer or wireless device, Phone, Tablet or even an iPod touch. Just something that is wifi enabled and has a screen that you can type info with.
Getting Signed up with Channel PEAR
Getting an account with Channel PEAR is no different than signing up for any service.
1. First go to the homepage for Channel PEAR here
2. Click Sign up
3. You will then be asked to agree to the terms.
4. You must create a user name and provide an email address. If you do not provide a real email address you will not be able to access channel PEAR.
5. Check your email for the Channel PEAR activation email.
6. Click the activation URL link in the email.
Different devices require different steps, but by far I get the most questions about how to set up Channel PEAR on Roku than anything else. So in this article we will also show you how to set up Channel PEAR on the Roku.
How To Set Up Channel PEAR On A Roku
On your Computer or Wireless device
1. If you have a Roku you will first need to sign into your Roku account.
2. Next you will need to add the Roku Private Channel for channel PEAR it is not in the Streaming Channels. Get it Here
3. Unplug your Roku and plug it back in or go to Settings and do a System Update. Once the Roku Reboots Channel PEAR will be the last channel in your lineup.
4. Open Channel PEAR on your Roku
5. You Should See a Code at the top of the screen.
The Next steps require that you go back to your computer or wireless device
On Your Computer or Wireless Device
3 On the library page there is another list of headings beginning with Add Media. Choose the option called pair device and select your device from the dropdown menu.
4. Choose the Roku
5. Type in your Channel PEAR code from the TV screen in to the box and give it a minute to sign in.
6. You should now have your Channel PEAR Synced with your Roku.
Adding Video options
When you launch Channel PEAR you will find it blank. In order to add video channel click on the heading at the top of the homepage called Media DB.
Once at the Media DB page Choose a channel to add and click add to library.
Do I need to sign up for a paid account?
No. The paid accounts are there for those who wish to be able to add more than 5 Channels at a time. If you keep your channel listing to 5 channels you do not need an account. If you try to add a 6th channel you will be prompted to sign up for an account. You can add and drop channels when ever you want.