Cable Internet Getting More Competition
Cord cutting usually involves the need for high speed Internet. And despite the want to get away from cable providers often users have to work with the same companies to ensure reliable internet even if they stop paying for TV service. But innovations in the broadband world and next generation data delivery are slowly beginning to change the equation. NETGEAR recently launched a major addition to its unlocked 5G mobile hotspot lineup, the NETGEAR Nighthawk® M6 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR6150). The product adds 160MHz capability to connect with the latest WiFi 6 client devices.
NETGEAR launched the world’s first unlocked 5G hotspot in 2021 with the award-winning Nighthawk M5. Now the company is building on that achievement with the M6, which is 20 percent faster than the M5 at 2.5 Gbps over 5G and has the capacity to hit a maximum combined WiFi speed of up to 3.6Gbps1 when connecting to 160MHz WiFi 6 devices. Additionally, the M6 comes with a first of its kind new In-Home Performance Mode which boosts WiFi coverage up to 2,000 square-feet when the device is plugged in, and the battery is removed.
Robust Connectivity Wherever, Whenever
The Nighthawk M6 is powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ SDX62 Mobile Platform and delivers premium performance with groundbreaking speeds. Dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz AX3600 WiFi 6 is ideal for all mobile connectivity needs from fast file transfer to high-end video streaming on up to 32 connected devices. A powerful 5040mAh battery lasts up to 13 hours on a single charge, providing power throughout the day and night.
At home or the office, M6 can be used for both primary or backup internet access, especially in rural areas where reliable and fast wired Internet access is not available. When on the road, the M6 provides the most secure, private WiFi connections for laptops, tablets and phones in airports, hotels, trains and other places offering public WiFi. When users want to conserve 5G data usage or in areas where only public WiFi but no cellular signal is available, the M6 offloading feature enables tethering to local public WiFi for internet connectivity while eliminating the need to manually connect each device to the local public WiFi.
“We really listened to our customers to determine how they are using these devices and set out to provide a superior WiFi experience whether they need portable and secure access on the road, powerful, reliable internet at home or both,” said David Henry, president & GM of Connected Home Products and Services at NETGEAR. “We are leveraging our more than 25 years of wireless expertise to generate this incredible, next-generation combination of 5G and WiFi 6 in the form of the Nighthawk M6, which will drastically improve the way we stay connected from wherever we live, work and play.”
The M6 is easy to set up and use, and its compact design makes it easy to bring wherever a wireless connection is needed. It has an intuitive color touch screen to conveniently monitor data usage, view the WiFi name/password, check mobile signal strength and manage device and network settings. The Gigabit Ethernet and USB-C ports make it easy to connect and distribute fast internet speeds to wired devices and external 5G antennas (sold separately) can be connected to the available antenna ports to boost reception in buildings, at remote sites or wherever network coverage is sparse.
- Next-Level Sub-6 5G Performance: Strong, reliable, secure 5G internet with speeds up to 2.5Gbps for home or on-the-go. Already in use on smartphones, Sub-6 5G can deliver lifelike video calls and streaming, rapid file transfers and downloads, more competitive multiplayer gaming and more.
- Faster Speeds with WiFi 6: Fast WiFi 6 speeds up to 3.6Gbps and greater capacity to connect up to 32 devices for exceptional performance.
- Powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon® SDX62 Chipset: The advanced Qualcomm modem supports 5G’s Sub-6 band, delivering an arsenal of technologies and extreme power efficiency. The M6 meets the 3GPP Release 16 standard, so it’s upgradable in the future via firmware updates.
- Intuitive Touch Screen Interface: The simple-to-use 2.4-inch LCD touch screen lets you conveniently set up, change WiFi settings, share access and monitor your data usage.
- Secure and Reliable Network: Avoid the dangers of connecting directly to public WiFi. The Nighthawk M6 is equipped with VPN pass-through support and password protection.
- In-Home Performance Mode: Boost your WiFi coverage, up to 2,000 square-feet, by simply removing the battery and using the power adapter.
- Unlocked Potential: The unlocked device accepts nano SIM cards and works best on AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
- n77 C-Band Support: Ensures you experience the highest possible 5G speed in more places.
- HPUE Support: Enables better 5G range. Pick up a 5G signal at the outer edges of 5G coverage areas, even where other devices cannot.
- Mobile Ecosystem: Increase your 5G cell reception by connecting external 5G antennas (sold separately) to the available antenna ports.
NETGEAR Nighthawk M6 5G Mobile Hotspot Router (MR6150) is available now on NETGEAR.com for a suggested retail price of $799.99.