Amazon announced the most watched and listened to content available on its services today providing insights into its original content and more. The results show that its new Jack Ryan series was worth the push it got and that the investment in Julia Roberts paid off in spaids. Lots more to see bellow.
Members curled up on the couch with their TV, tablet or smartphone watching Prime Video:
- This just in: The two most binged Prime Original series worldwide to date include Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan starring John Krasinski and Homecoming starring Julia Roberts.
- Members loved The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and so did the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. With eight Emmy Awards, the series won more than any comedy series ever has for a single season, including “Outstanding Comedy Series.”
- Giving The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel five out of five stars, one enthusiastic member stated, “I’ve probably watched season one five times. Three by myself, and two more times introducing it to my friends. Mrs. Maisel is how all of us hope to be in similar situations.”
- The top three cities worldwide that streamed the most hours of Prime Video per capita include Santa Clara, U.S.; Norderstedt, Germany; and Tokai, Japan.
- Early risers in the U.S., U.K. and India streamed more Prime Video than any other country between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. local time.
- Night owls in Japan, Germany and Spain streamed more Prime Video than any other country between the hours of 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. local time.
- This just in: The nine NFL games thus far on Prime Video and Twitch combined to reach 20 million total viewers in over 200 countries and territories and all 50 U.S. states.
- This just in: The top three American cities that streamed the most minutes of Thursday Night Football so far this year include Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO and Seattle, WA.
Best of Prime 2018: Prime Music
Members around the world couldn’t get enough of the hits on Prime Music:
- The most streamed artist was Justin Timberlake.
- Members’ favorite albums included Man of the Woods by Justin Timberlake, Camila by Camila Cabello, Astroworld by Travis Scott and Mitchell Tenpenny EP by Mitchell Tenpenny.
- Members’ favorite 2018 songs included “The Middle,” by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey; “Lose It,” by Kane Brown; “Idgaf,” by Dua Lipa; “Better Now,” by Post Malone; and “Done For Me,” by Charlie Puth, featuring Kehlani.
- The most requested song via Alexa was “The Middle” by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey.
- The latest new releases on Prime Music in the U.S. are always available on the “Pulse of Prime” playlist.
2018 Best of Prime: Twitch Prime
Twitch Prime offers Prime members free video games and exclusive in-game content for some of the biggest games in the world like Fortnite and League of Legends. Members also receive a free Twitch channel subscription to use on their favorite broadcaster every 30 days. Members around the world couldn’t get enough of the free video games and in-game content with Twitch Prime last year:
- Members claimed a total of more than 50 million free games worldwide, with hundreds of hours of free gameplay available for each member.
- Members also made their favorite games better, downloading 55 million pieces of in-game loot and content across 17 blockbuster games worldwide, including League of Legends, Overwatch and PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Tens of thousands of Twitch.tv broadcasters turbo boosted their channels with subscriptions from Twitch Prime members. Iconic Twitch broadcaster Ninja said, “Wanna know the power of @TwitchPrime and @FortniteGame? I gained 30,000 subscribers in 8 hours … This growth is seriously mind boggling.”
- The most popular loot drop was for Fortnite, which included two exclusive in-game character outfits, backpack, pickaxe and emote.