Roku will be making its flagship product more versatile by bundling it with its latest remote control to add new features and make it look a little greener.
The Roku Ultra will sell with the Roku Voice Remote Pro for $99.99 in a move that gives Roku users the ability to add hands free commands to their experience by using the activation phrase “Hey Roku”
The Remote includes all of the top line features one would expect with a premium Roku remote such as programmable buttons and the private listening jack. Its voice abilities are controlled with a manual switch on the side. So therefore you don’t have to tell the Roku to stop listening. it’s abilities include launching channels, controlling the volume, and a voice activated find me feature. If you misplaced the remote just ask hey Roku where is my remote? On top those features the remote is also rechargeable with a strong charge.
for more info on both products check out the highlights below.
The Roku Ultra remains the ultimate streaming player and comes fully loaded with fast channel launch, Dolby Vision®, Dolby Atmos®, Bluetooth®, Apple AirPlay and more.
- Outrageously powerful: With a lightning-fast interface and channels that launch in a snap, Roku Ultra is the fastest and most powerful Roku player ever.
- Dolby Vision®/HDR10+/4K: Stunningly sharp 4K picture brings out the rich detail in your entertainment with four times the resolution of HD. Watch as colors pop off your screen and enjoy lifelike clarity with Dolby Vision® and HDR10+.
- Dolby Atmos®: Immersive entertainment with sound that moves all around with breathtaking realism. Sound recorded in stereo is limited to left and right channels. Sound mixed in Dolby Atmos allows a deeper connection to shows and movies.
- Our best Wi-Fi: A strong, steady Wi-Fi connection is important for streaming the highest picture quality, especially in rooms farther from your router. Users can enjoy fast, seamless streaming anywhere in their home with Roku’s best Wi-Fi or choose to wire up over Ethernet.
Roku Voice Remote Pro
The Roku Voice Remote Pro was designed to be an incredible upgrade for Roku users. It offers a rechargeable battery, hands-free voice for easy actions (such as “Hey Roku, find my remote”), personal shortcut buttons, and more.
- Rechargeable battery: Keep your remote powered for ~two months on a single charge. It works with any standard USB charger so you can save money on batteries and help keep them out of landfills.
- Hands-free: Forget about reaching for the remote. Just say “Hey Roku” and a command to turn the TV on, adjust the volume, control playback and more without lifting a finger.
- Lost remote finder: Say “Hey Roku, find my remote” and listen for a little chime to locate or use the button on the Roku Ultra player or download the free Roku mobile app (available for iOS and Android).
- TV controls: Power up your TV, adjust the volume, mute, and control your streaming —all with one remote.
- Personal shortcuts: Set personal shortcuts using your voice for one-touch control to launch your go-to channel, pull up search results for your favorite movie, actor/actress and more.
- Private listening: Don’t wake the house, just plug in the included headphones into the headphone jack on the remote, crank up the volume and enjoy your favorite show.
- Push-to-talk: Prefer to use traditional Roku Voice? Leverage the hardware switch to turn off the hands-free voice feature and use push-to-talk voice controls instead.
The Roku Ultra bundle, including the Roku Voice Remote Pro, will be available for $99.99 MSRP at Roku.com today and at major retailers in the U.S. beginning May 15th.