The fubo Sports Network had an official launch today following its soft launch in June. The service available on a number of platforms features original shows and content from partners including FanDuel, Stadium, The Players Tribune, USA TODAY, VSiN, Young Hollywood and more. The network will include some very non-traditional approaches to sports coverage as the company takes advantage of a fresh new format for content delivery.
fubo Sports Network also marks the first time live TV streaming service fuboTV has created an ad-supported linear network for distribution off of its platform. It can be found via LG Channels powered by XUMO, Samsung TV Plus, The Roku Channel, XUMO apps and fuboTV’s Standard base package. More distribution partners will be announced.
Pamela Duckworth, an award-winning executive producer, has been named head of fubo Sports Network and original programming, a newly created position. Duckworth, founder of Duckworth Entertainment, a full-service creative marketing production company based in NYC and LA, was previously a consultant with fuboTV. Duckworth has been tasked with building fuboTV’s first in-house production team and leading original programming development.
“I truly believe that fuboTV is changing the game from a distribution standpoint and am excited to bring to life our unique vision of original content with fubo Sports Network”, said Duckworth “David Gandler is a true visionary and I’m honored to join him in transforming the video landscape.”
The sports themed programming will have a heavy dose of soccer/futbol based shows that will engage the audience in a less traditional manner than two people sitting behind a desk discussing what happened in the last match between two teams and such. fubo Sports will also stream live sports including select college football games. A new fresh approach to sports coverage on TV could help the new network build a different kind of audience than traditional sports shows have.
“I’ve been dreaming for years of hosting my own show, and I am so excited to make it a reality with fuboTV’s new fubo Sports Network”, said Julie Stewart-Binks. “I have to pinch myself because this is a dream come true. Our show will cover the biggest sports stories but through a comedic sense – monologues, cold opens, sketches, think SNL and late night TV meets SportsCenter, but with fewer old white guys.”
fuboTV-Produced Originals (all times listed are ET/PT)
- Call It a Night with Julie Stewart-Binks (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m.) – fubo Sports Network’s flagship news program on sports and sports culture is hosted by popular sports journalist and comedian Julie Stewart-Binks (ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports HQ, SNY). Taped from fubo Sports Network’s studio in Hudson Yards, NYC.
- The Players Lounge with Cobi Jones and PJ Harrison (Wednesdays at 8 p.m.) – Interviewed by two towering figures of American soccer, top players, their friends and fans talk freely about the hottest sports topics of the day. About the hosts: Soccer Hall-of-Famer Cobi Jones is one of the few soccer players from the MLS to have his number retired. PJ Harrison is a creative director and City of Angels Football Club cofounder.
- The Cooligans (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m.) – Soccer is exciting, but soccer talk is so boring…UNTIL NOW. New York comedians Alexis Guerreros and Christian Polanco bring laughter to the beautiful game. Through the lens of stand-up comedy, The Cooligans deliver hilarious takes on American and world soccer that are refreshing, fun and make fans of any league enjoy the game much more than they ever thought they could.
- Drinks with Binks (Fridays at 8 p.m.) – Sportscaster Julie Stewart-Binks goes sip-for-sip with athletes and fans in a new vodcast.
- Football Report (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m.) – News about soccer’s biggest stars, teams and leagues.
- fubo News (Friday at 6 p.m.) – Customized coverage of the world’s top sporting events.
Partner-Produced Sports Shows
- FanDuel/TVG: Hurry Up and More Ways to Win
- GolTV: Tu Futbol and Portugol
- Stadium: Baseball Stories hosted by Jayson Stark, and more to be announced
- The Players Tribune: The Real Athlete, How It Happened, For The Record and more to be announced
- USA TODAY: SportsPulse, What I’m Hearing, For The Win and more to come
- VSiN: VSiN Best Bets
- Young Hollywood: Rookie On The Rise and Beyond The Athlete
- Liga MX Soccer (Univision): A weekly Sunday afternoon match from Mexico’s top soccer league is broadcast in English; Available to fuboTV subscribers only.
- NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball Division 1 games; Major League Lacrosse (Stadium)
- Cycling (IMG): Coverage of major global cycling events including Giro d’Italia, Cycliste de Quebec and shows like In Cycle magazine.
- Horse Racing (TVG): Coverage of horse racing events.
- More to be announced.
Rounding out fubo Sports Network’s lineup is Double Play Movie Night, featuring back-to-back sports movies, including documentaries from Gravitas Ventures and others, every Friday night at 8 p.m. ET.
For details on fubo Sports Network programming, go to https://fubosportsnetwork.com.